By Nathan Tama
It is rare to bump onto high quality images of colonial and precolonial images such as these.
The East African Railways and Harbours Corporation (EAR&H) in-service maintenance/ repair of the 5903 Mount Meru locomotive.
East Africa Railways & Harbours, Mechanical Department, railway workshop in Nairobi. Close of business probably 4-5 pm in the 1950s. Notice the prevalence of bicycles as the preferred mode of transport by the workers.
Unga Group Ltd first mill in Kenya in 1909. It was located on Sadler Street, now Koinange Street, on the site that is now Chester House.
Kenyatta International Conference Center (KICC) under construction. Circa 1968.
KICC nearing completion. Circa 1972
Norwich Union building, intersection of Kimathi and Mama Ngina Streets.
The New Stanley Hotel, Kimathi Street.
3rd March 1954. Locals selling farm produce. Exact location unknown.
The Wajir Police Post. Image shows a senior Police officer and two girls dressed as police officers. Photo undated.
A Geological Field Laboratory site.
All photos published with permission from only known possessor, Nathan Tama. Photographer and/or current copyright owner unknown.
Last modified: November 8, 2018